It’s been a while since I’ve updated everyone on everything that’s been happening with Altered before the Altar. I’ve been hard at work to line up speaking engagements and other promotional opportunities as well as prepare for my book release party. Before I get into details of the release party, here’s what I’ve been up to lately:
- I decided on a plan of action that includes doing five things towards the success of Altered each day. I don’t always accomplish five things, but I always accomplish something, which is better than before.
- I’ve reached out to a few groups for promotional opportunites which include speaking to book clubs, being on panels, doing radio interviews, and participating in other events to further my reach with the book. As soon as any of those opportunities are in stone, I will share them on the new Speaking/Events page.
- I learned how to create a .mobi file to send Kindle review copies to reviewers. If you would like to review Altered on your site, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your site and I’ll get back to you.
- I have two giveaways planned, and now that I have books I can roll them out! I’m going to be hosting both a Goodreads and a FB/Twitter/Instagram giveaway to win free copies of my book and other goodies. Look out for details soon!
- Speaking of getting my books: I HAVE MY BOOKS! I ordered some books to have on hand for sale and for the upcoming book release party. I can take credit cards and send receipts/invoices in addition to cash sales. I’m going to have a link to buy on the site at some point as well. Of course, you can always go through CreateSpace or Amazon for your paperback, or get the Kindle version as well.
Now for the book release party details!!!
My book release party will be held the afternoon of Saturday, October 25th. At this point, the location is still tentative. I will be going to view the facility tomorrow and pay for the rental, so everyone pray that goes smoothly. I will reveal the venue once I hand over that check!
The event will consist of a forum format where we will discuss topics related to the book, a brief talk and reading, and signing. Refreshments will be served. Attendees will be given goodies and have the opportunity to purchase the book (and a few items not available until the event–more on that in the future).
I really want to give you the theme of the evening, discussion topics, what I’ll have available to purchase and such, but I still need to cement the details with my planning partner. I will tell you that I’ve received a couple generous donations towards the food and other things for the event already and will be sending out invites soon this weekend (!!!).
This past weekend while I was in Miami trying to make connections and figure out how to do this promotion thing, I was reminded to be in the moment. As Mr. Perfect said, I’m always a few steps ahead in my head, always moving forward without ever being where I am. My sister in Christ told me to just breathe and enjoy the accomplishment of having published a book. I’m trying to sit with the magnitude of that each day and not worry about marketing, sales, social media, and all the rest, but it’s difficult because I like to see results. I’m working on it, though.
What are you working on this week?